Some days my animals reign over my kingdom. All my life I have done things a bit differently than others. I guess in many ways I have led my life according to my own drum beat. Perhaps that is how at this point in my life I am living with 14 animals; three divine dogs and eleven curious cats! (read more)

Sunday, January 1, 2012

3 Divine Dogs

Some days my animals reign over my kingdom. All my life I have done things a bit differently than others.  I guess in many ways I have led my life according to my own drum beat.  Perhaps that is how at this point in my life I am living with 14 animals;  three divine dogs and eleven curious cats!

Not quite sure how I got here from there, but the end result is that my life has much more fun, love, and laughter because of my adopting these totally spontaneous creatures!   They remind me on a daily basis to be "in the moment". 

Living with fourteen animals, I have had no choice but to fully experience the entire gamut of emotions..... frustration, sadness, joy, laughter, anger, worry, fear, and most importantly, unconditional love.  My animal friends are not only great teachers, but exceptional listeners.  

I believe 4-leggeds connect us to all humanity and are bridges to all cultures. They help us with our own connection to Spirit and the earth. Our creatures teach through example how to love being in our bodies and the freedom it gives us.

Through observing their innocence, my own innocence has re-emerged.  I have found myself reconnecting with my own sense of wonder and child- like qualities, previously suppressed in adult life.  I have learned to wag more and bark less at friends and strangers.

I am reminded on a continual basis that humor and patience are absolutely essential to survival.  If something (which it always does) gets ruined, chewed, scratched, broken or lost, I am quick to accept and forgive, knowing that animals, like humans, make mistakes.  The pros far out-weigh the cons in this household.  

Now when people ask me if I have lost my mind by adopting so many creatures, I very happily reply “Yes!...I lost my mind and found my heart!

3 comments:

  1. Love it ....keep writing! LD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    This is the kind of blog we should see more of. Too many people miss out on the light hearted humor animals bring into our lives. You remind us of the childlike innocence each furry one expresses with their own unique personality.
    Encore encore,
    Gilles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also say your innocence has truly gained strength in your personality because you have always had that shining light since we met so long ago.
    Love and Blessings,
    Patti
    Princess Sassafras says MeeeeeeWoooow!

    ReplyDelete